Monday, September 9, 2013

Poor McKenna- September 2012


 
 
McKenna has had some bowel problems, not to be too descriptive, but she had white bowels. Which is not good at all. So we were sent over to Riverton to check things out.
 
 
She loved the little waiting area, but didn't get to play long.
 
 
They did an Ultra Sound first
 
 
McKenna was happy to watch cartoons to distract her.
 
 
But she got really nervous when she had to lay on her tummy. She was still brave though.
 
 
They also did an XRay. The Radiologist talked to me and said that she had a lot of Gas and some back up of bowels. But they weren't sure if something else was going on because of the white stool.
 
 
McKenna had to get some blood work done and she was brave. So we went to the store and bought her a little toy. Of course it was Olivia, her favorite!
 
 
So McKenna's organs all looked good and seemed to be functioning properly. But in the blood work it showed that she has really low Vitamins. They also took a stool sample and it showed that all her nutrients were not staying in her system, but were coming out. She is about 5 pounds under weight. That doesn't sound like a lot, but he explained it to me that it is comparable to an adult being 20-25 pounds under weight. I know everyone tells me she looks good, she is fine. I am not worried about how she looks, I want the inside of her body to function the way it is suppose to. I love all my kids and just want them to be healthy, happy kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment