Sunday, September 8, 2013

Another Surgery- August 2012


 
I had to have surgery the end of August. For me it was routine, I guess you could say, but not enjoyable. It was my 12th Laporoscopy in 11 years and hopefully last. Normally after surgery I recover fast and am up that night. This time it wasn't the case.
 
 
The poor kids didn't know what to do with out me. They were constantly in my room laying in bed with me.
 
 
 
Brooklynn tried to spend as much time as she could with me, her first day of school was the next day.
 
 
 
It was the hardest for Cameron. As wild and crazy as that boy is, he is a big time momma's boy. I love my kiddos.
 
 
Days passed and I still wasn't getting better. I was having chest pressure and my arm was numb. It was really annoying and I knew something was different. I went to the ER and they did a CAT scan to rule out blood clot in my lung and sent me home telling me it was gas and to just rest. I knew better and kept feeling worse. I went back to the ER, but a different hospital. I could tell they too didn't believe me and thought I was a whiny girl. Let me just say I am tough, I have never EVER complained after a surgery. I can deal with the pain and can handle it all, but this was so different. I had called my OBGYN earlier and he told me to go back to the hospital. Over the phone he told me that he thought I had a blood clot in my arm. I told the doctor that and he said, "We can rule that out to make you feel better." So they did the ultra sound on my arm and guess what? I had a blood clot in my arm. How did two ER doctors, miss it and not believe me and my doctor was able to diagnose me over the phone? I think that my doctor knows me, he understands that I know my body and I don't really complain for no reason and so he actually listened to me. The other doctors just thought I was being a baby. I have learned that I have to trust myself and push if I strongly feel something. 
(I am writing this a year later and unfortunately I am still taking Asprin daily to keep the blood clot away. If I am cleaning too much or using that arm a lot than my arm swells up and the blood clot builds back up. I wish there was more we could do but there isn't. It is a superficial vain so it can't go to my heart of lungs- thank goodness. But it is still really annoying.)
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment