Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Memorial Day

 
Brooklynn and I went to my Grandma Dennis' grave on Memorial Day. She passed away when I was just 17 years old, on January 2, 2000. The next morning our next door neighbor passed away. Only 2 weeks later my Great Grandma Stout passed away as well. It was a shock to our family.  
 
 
In November 2005 we had just gotten approved for adoption and were waiting for "the call". I had a dream that my Grandma Dennis was next to a baby bassinet. It was white and frilly. She said, "She's waiting for you." The next day I talked to the birth mom of Brooklynn. She was born 3 weeks later.
 
 
I am so thankful that my grandma took care of Brooklynn until I could.
 
 
There was a nice man at the cemetary that took a picture of us.
 
 
 
After that we went to the Oldroyds to celebrate and BBQ for Memorial day. My niece Katie did some art work for us! She didn't have the real stuff, but just used a pen.
 
 
I got a Peacock!
 
 
Brooklynn chose a flower!
 

1 comment:

  1. I love that you teach your children your heritage! It's so great and Katie is talented!

    ReplyDelete